Mercury Filling Replacement
Amalgam removal is of interest to our dental practice. Amalgam by definition is 50% Mercury. Mercury is a known Neurotoxin that affects humans health in very small quantities. As a dental office we are required to safely store and send excess amalgam materials to a toxic waste facility. It is permissable to place this material in your teeth. We have not used amalgam filling materials in 20 years. We follow the IAOMT protocol for safe removal and disposal of amalgam fillings.
To replace amalgam fillings Dr. Edwards uses an aesthetically pleasing composite resin. The composite resin is a tooth colored filling material that results in your teeth looking natural. If a composite resin filling can not be used, a laboratory restoration will be fabricated.
For more information regarding the protocol on safely removing amalgam, visit the IAOMT website.
Are you ready to have your mercury amalgam fillings removed? Here's a questionnaire to help you decide.